Dr. Manfred Treber
Dr Manfred Treber is senior adviser on Climate/Transport with Germanwatch in Bonn working on the science-policy interface of climate change and on sustainable transport.
He has participated in all COPs of the Climate Convention (FCCC) since the first Conference of the Parties (COP1, 1995) and in most of the intersessional meetings. He has been co-coordinator for Climate Action Network (CAN) since 2011, currently in the CAN Working Group on Science-Policy. He has been expert reviewer for different reports of the IPCC and has participated in over twenty IPCC Plenary Sessions since 1998.
Before joining Germanwatch, Manfred was scientific employee with the German Parliament. During his PhD-studies he was scientific employee with Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research in Karlsruhe.
- with Germanwatch since 1995
- Doctorate in Economics (Dr. rer. pol.), University of Karlsruhe (TH), 1993
- research fellow, Utah State University in Logan, USA (1987)
- Studied Physics in Karlsruhe and Montpellier, degree: diploma in physics, 1987
- UN Climate Negotiations (FCCC) and Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- sustainable land transport
- CO2 capture and storage
- steering-committee member of the Working Group on Energy of the German Physical Society (Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft)
- member of the advisory body of CO2GeoNet