Julia Grimm’s work focus is on climate finance with a special focus on finance for adaptation action. She is coordinating the Adaptation Fund NGO Network (AF NGO Network) on behalf of Germanwatch. Her areas of expertise are the international climate finance architecture, climate funds and partnerships with civil society organisations from the Global South.
Before joining Germanwatch in 2016, she had gained her first professional experience in climate change policy at a project of the Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Mexico.
- with Germanwatch since 2016
- Master’s degree in International Development Cooperation, University of Valencia
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations and International Organisation, University of Groningen and National Autonomous University of Mexico
Focus of Work:
- international climate finance landscape
- climate funds (specifically the Adaptation Fund)
- UNFCCC negotiations on climate finance
- partnerships with civil society organisations from the Global South
- project manager Adaptation Fund NGO Network