The handy leaflet offers useful tips and tricks for changing your lifestyle to a more climate friendly one. It provides ideas for different areas: mobility, living, consumption, nutrition, investment and last but not least political involvement.
The Dialogue on Transformation Conference highlighted multiple strategic approaches including grassroots, international, regional and national perspectives to engage with policy processes and build momentum for the needed transformation towards a just society characterised by access to sustainable energy and the right to food in the context of planetary boundaries.
On the occasion of our international NGO-dialog project “NGO Strategy Dialogue on Energy and Climate, Agriculture and Food Security towards the Great Transformation - NGO SEAT” with an international conference attended by 150 international experts from all over the world (Bonn, 1-4 November 2012) we announce a competition for the best script on the topic of the Great Transformation. If you think you have an extraordinarily unique, amazingly original, and at the same time well-founded, intelligent and entertaining script idea in your mind – send it to us!
1. FLYING GENERATES MORE CLIMATE RELEVANT EMISSIONS THAN ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL ACTIVITY
2. THOSE GREENHOUSE GASES INCREASE GLOBAL TEMPERATURES,
3. CAUSING FURTHER EVAPORATION OF THE OCEANS AND
4. TRIGGERING EXTREME RAINFALL IN REGIONS ALREADY SATURATED WITH PRECIPITATION,
5. WHERE SOME OF THE WORST FLOODS EVER RECORDED HAVE KILLED HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF LIFES!
1. YOUR LOW PRICED STEAK IS PRODUCED BY
2. CATTLE FED CHEAP CORN AND SOY,
3. GROWN IN FIELDS WHERE RAINFORESTS WERE SLASHED AND BURNT,
4. MEANING THEY ARE NOT LONGER ABLE TO GENERATE RAINFALL IN DRIER REGIONS,
5. WHERE HIGH TEMPERATURES ACCELERATE DRASTIC DESERTIFICATION AND DROUGHT!
1. THE BIGGER YOUR CAR,
2. THE MORE EMISSIONS IT RELEASES, WHICH
3. DRY OUT AGRICULTURAL REGIONS AROUND THE WORLD,
4. MAKING IT HARDER FOR SMALL FARMERS TO MAKE A LIVING
5. AND FORCING THEM TO MIGRATE TO CITIES, INCREASING THE GAP BETWEEN RICH AND POOR!
Pablo Bicheroux ranked third prize in Germanwatch poster contest "Climate Justice" with his contribution "One world, one climate!“
Global fairness means that all carry responsibilities. The consequences of our lifestyles impact the poor and powerless the most.
Limiting global warming to less than a 2°C increase through drastic emission cuts in the developed world and greater climate protection in developing countries is necessary for our climate and our survival!
Deadline for application 1st May 2012