Dr. Maik Winges
Maik Winge’s field of expertise covers adaption to climate change including both regional implementation and international negotiations in the UNFCCC context.
Among others, he is project manager for a multi-actor partnership on climate risk insurance in Kenya. Together with Transparency International Kenya, Germanwatch aims to capacitate civil society organisations in order to strengthen their voice in governmental risk management planning processes.
Previously, he has been working on stakeholder participation processes in the field of climate change adaptation and resource efficiency in Germany and South Africa.
- with Germanwatch since 2018
- 2015 to 2018: GIZ-development adviser to the Eastern Cape Department of Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism, South Africa
- 2009 to 2015: researcher, Chair of Ecological Economics, University of Oldenburg
- PhD in ecological economics, University of Oldenburg
- Master’s degree in political science, economics, and modern history, University of Jena and University Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
Focus of Work:
- climate risk insurance
- UNFCCC negotiations on adaptation to climate change
- head of the multi-actor partnership project "Climate Risk Insurances in Africa” in Kenya