Germanwatch is a development and environment organization that actively engages in international political and economic discussions. The situation of marginalized people forms the starting point for our engagement for sustainable development.
Germanwatch advocates for the implementation of sustainable finance regulation to facilitate the financial sector’s role in leveraging investments for a climate-resilient, 1.5°C-compatible transformation. We work with a diverse set of stakeholders to advance the agenda within Germany, in the EU and globally. These stakeholders include other NGOs, foundations, financial sector and real economy players. We intend for sustainable finance to play a central role as part of the forthcoming G7 and G20 Presidencies. To underscore the value of sustainable finance regulation, we carry out research ourselves and engage with the scientific community.
To complement our International Climate Policy Team we are looking for a
Professional with the following profile:
- At minimum a Master's degree in a relevant field, preferably in finance, economics, or political science
- Strong understanding of key sustainable finance concepts, e.g. taxonomies, disclosure, climate scenarios, transition plans, in particular with regard to ongoing European regulatory processes.
- Competence and work experience in the area of sustainable finance. Experience working with financial sector is considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of functioning of G7/G20.
- Proven intercultural competence and experience in working with developing countries, international institutions, and diverse stakeholders.
- High motivation to work in an NGO environment.
- Fluency in English. Strong command of German language is required.
Your tasks will initially include contributions to:
- Develop an assessment framework to compare sustainable finance regulation and institutions across G20 constituencies;
- Carry out research on sustainable finance regulation and feed into G7 and G20 processes;
- Coordinate a newly established multi-stakeholder working group on sustainable finance;
- Prepare communication materials (including short papers and briefings, newsletter, blog posts, social media).
- Engage in international NGO networks on sustainable finance;
- Manage projects independently, but closely cooperate and coordinate with our small sustainable finance team and Policy Director.
The post will be based in either Bonn or Berlin, Germany, and will require national and international travel. If necessary, Germanwatch will support securing visa and work permit. The position comes with German benefits scheme, including health insurance.
We explicitly welcome applications from people with migratory backgrounds and people with disabilities. We offer high flexibility with regard to working hours and workplace and provide technical support as needed.
Application documents (including the below mentioned applicant’s form) should be sent no later than 08 August 2021 together with the applicant’s form to be downloaded from our homepage. In case of problems downloading this form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. The applicant’s form is the central document of your application, necessary for it to be valid. It also contains further information on the application process.
First round of virtual interviews: 24 August 2021, second round (with a selection of applicants from round 1): 27 August 2021.